Before you head out on a first date, most guys have a checklist of the things they don’t want to forget:
- Breath–minty fresh
However, there are a few important things that most every guy SHOULD leave at home, such as…
- Your Guy Clothes– The modern man should have two wardrobes. This is because what a man likes to wear, and what most women approve of are usually two separate things. For example, most polls suggest that women are most attracted to a man in a purple, or a crisp white collared shirt (yeah, we don’t own any of those either).
- Your Bad Hair Days– Women are not so much picky about whether a guy wears his hair long or short, but how well it behaves. You can mousse it, gel it, or throw a few staples into your skull, but the only way to keep any mane tame is to get regular haircuts. You can do this by getting a cut at least once every couple of weeks.
- Your Spanx– Real men don’t wear Spanx (girdles for guys). However, we do know that women are attracted to healthy, fit guys, and the best way to do this, other than watch what you eat and visit a gym at least three times a week, is to maintain a straight posture. This will give you the advantage of appearing taller, more fit, and project confidence.
- Your Shorts– The vast majority of women love a man in denim. You can almost never go wrong here. Your second best options are either dress slacks or khakis. Only about 5 percent of women dream of a knight in plaid patterned shorts, so unless your the kind of gambling man that most always loses, leave the shorts at home.
- Your Flip-Flops– Somewhere around 90 percent of women will slash a guy from her list, just for wearing a pair of ugly shoes. Women love shoes, so if you want to play it safe, get yourself a pair of brown, lace-up wingtips. These will look great with just about anything (except shorts, bad hair, spanx, and a holey t-shirt).