Let’s be real, no guy wants to be labeled as “weird” or “awkward” by a girl he goes to hit on.
However, there are little things you can do within the first moments of seeing and meeting a girl that make all the difference in how she perceives you.
Here are a couple of helpful tips to make sure you’re starting off on the right foot:
1) Don’t hover around and shoot her glances hoping she’ll notice you. The more you wait, the greater the chance another guy will swoop in for the kill. Be confident, take charge and don’t wait too long to approach a girl that catches you eye.
2) Don’t buy her a drink until you ask her if you can. Be a gentleman and introduce yourself before you go to send a cocktail over. How else will you know if she wants it or not?
3) Don’t approach with her the generic, “What’s your name? How old are you? What do you do?” This isn’t an interview. Questions like these are the easiest way to put her to sleep as opposed to get her in bed. Get the basic information and move on to more specific and personal topics based off what she tells you.
4) Avoid using “um”, “uh”, “like”, etc. This is another easy way for the conversation to come off as “awkward”. Tell her about something you read that day, ask her where else in the area she goes out, and do your best to keep the conversation flowing.
5) Think about what makes you unique and interesting before you approach her. You want to be more than the everyman. Think about that moment when she tells her girlfriends the next day about that awesome guy she met. Make sure she has exciting details that are worth bragging about.
6) Don’t tell her what she’s wearing is “nice”. Does the dress look nice on her skin? Does it bring out her eyes? What dimensions can you add to save yourself from dealing out an incredibly average compliment?
So there it is – go get’em tiger.
Jason Wilson is a creative innovator trying to learn everything he can about this hectic vortex called life. He currently perform freelance social media, PR and web promotion strategies. Follow Jason on Twitter: www.twitter.com/JasontheJumbo